The Organizing Committee of the Seventh All-Russian Conference with International Participation “Fuel Cells and Power Plants Based on Them” and the Fourth School of Young Scientists “Modern Aspects of Highly Efficient Fuel Cells and Power Plants Based on Them”, which were planned from June 21 to 25, 2020 at MIPT in the building of the MIPT Institute of Arctic Technologies, decided to hold the Seventh All-Russian Conference and the Fourth School of Young Scientists during the period from September 27 to October 1, 2020 on the basis of the Institute of Solid State Physics RAS at the address: Moscow district, Chernogolovka, st. Academician Osipyan, 2.
Due to the continuing uncertainty about the prospects for the development of coronavirus infection and the implementation of quarantine measures in Russia, the Organizing Committee decided to hold the conference in person and remotely simultaneosly.
Face-to-face part of the event will be held in conference hall of Institute of Solid State Physics RAS, which is equipped with all the needed devices for face-to-face reports with simultaneous on-line broadcasting of presentations through the Zoom platform with the connection of all registered participants of the Conference and the School of Young Scientists to the on-line broadcast of the reports presented in person.
During face-to-face conference sessions, all participants will be provided with protective masks and gloves. Accommodation in the conference room will take place in compliance with all sanitary requirements.
In the remote form of participation, the reports of the participants will be broadcasted both in on-line mode and on a large screen in the conference hall of the ISSP RAS for participants in face-to-face sessions.
Due to the specifics of the face-to-face-remote form, only oral reports will be presented at the Conference. The organizing committee intends to alternate the reports presented in person and remotely, with the opportunity for everyone to ask questions and with the organization of a broad discussion of the presented reports.
Format of reports
Three types of reports will be presented at the conference:
• Plenary and invited lasting 20 minutes + 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
• Standard 15 minutes + 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
• Short messages of 7 minutes + 3 minutes for questions and discussion.
Brief messages will replace poster presentations.
Full conference and school titles
• Seventh All-Russian Conference Fuel Cells and Power Plants Based on Them (with international participation)
• Modern Aspects of High-Efficiency Fuel Cells and Power Plants Based on Them, fourth school for young scientists
Fuel Cells and Power Plants Based on Them is a series of all-Russian conferences focusing on the current situation and research prospects in a highly relevant field of solid-state physics and physical chemistry — namely, the physics of ionic conductors and materials with mixed ion-electron conductivity. The conference offers a platform for discussing a wide range of fundamental issues, among them:
• The processes of charge transfer and redox reactions in fuel cell electrodes.
• Production and properties of new materials with mixed ion-electron conductivity.
• Structure and properties of composite electrodes.
• Interconnect materials, protective coatings.
• Impedance spectroscopy, design of membrane-electrode assemblies.
• Fuel cell characteristics and manufacturing technology.
• Thin-film technologies.
• Development of a design and a scalable laboratory technology for manufacturing fuel cell stacks.